Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Risotto

So I have been experimenting with many different types of Risotto. I like to be unique and I've never seen a Mexican Risotto. So I decided this world needed one.

In order to create something most people wouldn't/didn't understand I needed some Arobio Rice...or what we know as Risotto.

I sauteed half of a yellow onion, garlic and jalapeno in a tbsp of canola oil and lime juice. I then added 2 cups of Risotto (dry) to the Rondeau (dutch oven, pot). As I sauteed the Risotto with the current ingredients I then began to add diced tomatoes and cilantro. Then slowly began to add the 4 cups of chicken broth.
As I stirred I thought about black beans, avocado, and many other flavors that would go with a Mexican dish.
I then added the black beans strained, drained and dried; to the mixture...I notice still need more liquid so I added 1/4 cup of white wine; tbsp of lime juice and tbsp of tequila.
As this was coming together I began to season to taste; added 2 tbsp of butter melting it in the Risotto while stirring. Then I added 1/2 cup shredded low fat Mexican cheese blend...

After this wonderful concoction of Mexican flavors came together I realized I just crossed the border!

OLE!~~

1 comment:

  1. Now you have to make a perfect Margheritta to accompany that dish! No salt please

    ReplyDelete

search bar

Custom Search